Holiday festivities are already in under way but it’s this Saturday – November 28, 2015 – when the City gets its serious sparkle. Families have a lot to choose from – from citywide parties to neighbour gatherings. Not only are they free – they’ll have you home before bedtime.
- Calvacade of Lights: The City meets up at Nathan Philips Square for the biggest tree lighting ceremony with skating, live music and fireworks. (6 to 11 p.m.)
- Spectacle of Lights: The Waterfront beams at four locations – the Westin Hotel, the Fire Hall, the Tall Ship on the Amsterdam Bridge at Harbourfront Centre and the Toronto Music Garden. (On display until January 2, 2016.)
- Rosedale Calvacade of Lights Tree Lighting Festival: There will be a 50-ft Christmas tree, horse and carriage rides, Santa, live music, plus food and drinks at Scrivener Square. 2 – 6 p.m.
- Festival of Lights: East Lynn Park in Danforth East hosts circus performers, dancers and singers. And a big tree lighting. (4 to 6 p.m.)
- Cabbage town Holiday Kick Off: Live music, Santa selfies, tree decorating and wagon rides at the corner of Carlton and Parliament Streets. (12 to 2 p.m.)